What to Expect from the Admissions Process
At Calvary Healing Center, we want to help make this important step you are about to take as simple as possible. We know there can be some anxiety about what happens next, and we are here to demystify the process and provide answers to your questions. When you contact us, either by phone or online, you’ll be connected with an admissions coordinator who will begin to gather information to find out how we can best help you or your loved one.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER ADMISSION
The first 24 hours after admission can be a critical time for children and teens coming into our programs. We want parents to be aware of what happens during that first day. During that period, you can expect the following:
- Nursing staff will meet with you and your child to complete a nursing assessment to ensure your child’s medical needs are met while receiving treatment.
- Your child will be given a tour of our facility, have any questions answered and take some time to settle in and unpack. For more details on what to pack, visit our What to Bring page.
- You’ll be introduced to the therapist working with your child. They’ll reach out to gather additional information and to schedule a family session. The therapist will be your main contact person throughout the hospital stay and will provide their direct contact information.
- Our medical team will meet with your child to ensure your child is healthy and can provide medical care and treatment as needed.
- Throughout their stay, your child will be supervised by our team 24/7 with around-the-clock access to nurses and mental health professionals.
Watch our video to learn a little more about the admissions process at Calvary Healing Center. Get more details on what we do when you call, what happens when you get here and more.
Calls originate from potential patients, family members, loved ones and even referring physicians. It’s not important who makes the call, it’s just important that someone calls. And when you do, we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer.
ASSESSING THE SITUATION
What condition is the potential patient in? We know the questions to ask to help determine if treatment is needed and if additional services – like medically-managed detox – are necessary.
ACCESSING YOUR RECORDS
An admissions coordinator will gather all the required medical information and review your application. If for any reason it is determined that our programs are not the right fit, your admissions coordinator can help you with referrals to other facilities.
APPROVAL OF PATIENT APPLICATION & FINANCES
After you have received medical clearance, your admissions coordinator will help you determine insurance coverage and treatment costs then make the necessary financial arrangements. Learn more about insurance coverage here.
The last step is to schedule admission. Your admissions coordinator can work with you to set your or your loved one’s arrival time. Learn more about what to pack here.
ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
After admission, we complete a comprehensive assessment and formulate treatment plans tailored to individual clients. Working closely with their primary therapist, clients begin to explore the root causes of their addiction, the resulting consequences and chart a brave new path toward sobriety.
Start Your Recovery Journey Today
The decision to seek treatment is a big step, but you don’t have to do it alone. If you or a loved one needs substance abuse treatment, call 602-279-1468 or 866-76-SOBER (76237) to speak with one of our Intake Specialists. Our admissions team is on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you through each step of the process: from providing no-cost, confidential assessments, to determining insurance coverage and scheduling admission.
For additional questions about our programs, you can also use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.