Residential treatment is an incredibly important part of the recovery journey. Living in a supportive environment and 24/7 accountability can help patients build a strong foundation for recovery so they’re ready for any challenges that lie ahead. However, once a residential treatment program is complete, ongoing support is still crucial. There are several levels of outpatient addiction treatment programs that can help with the transition back to everyday life. Calvary Healing Center’s intensive outpatient program (IOP) provides continued structure for patients who are building healthy coping skills and preparing to reintegrate into the real world.
Our IOP provides a way for patients to remain connected to the recovery community while also making progress on their personal goals. By attending group, individual, and family therapy sessions, patients learn how to manage the symptoms of their addiction while also developing the skills they need to live a healthy life.
Learn more about our intensive outpatient program by connecting with Calvary Healing Center at 888.492.5113 today.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
An intensive outpatient program is a step down from residential treatment that can benefit those who need additional support when transitioning back to their life at home. While in an IOP, patients attend therapy sessions multiple days a week. The therapies that are involved in intensive outpatient programs may include:
- Family therapy – Family members are an important part of a patient’s recovery. Family therapy can help address any misunderstandings or unresolved issues that contribute to substance abuse.
- Group therapy – Group therapy can give patients the chance to learn how to live a healthy life with others dealing with similar issues.
- Holistic therapy – Holistic therapies can help patients gain control of their thoughts and emotions. Examples of this kind of therapy include art, yoga, music therapy, and meditation.
- Relapse prevention therapy – Relapse prevention therapy is an important part of IOP. Patients learn how to create a relapse prevention plan so they can stay on track with their recovery.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – This type of therapy helps patients learn how to better manage their emotions and work through any destructive behaviors.
- EMDR therapy – Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy can help patients process any unresolved trauma that may be contributing to their addiction.
- Medication-assisted treatment – If necessary, medication-assisted treatment can be part of an intensive outpatient program. Patients receive medications that reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms while they work through the recovery process.
Every step of the way, addiction treatment professionals provide support and guidance.
Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Program
The benefits of our intensive outpatient program include:
- A supportive environment that encourages healing – Addiction can be isolating, and an IOP can provide a safe and supportive environment for healing.
- Continued structure – The structure of an IOP is designed to help patients stay on track with their recovery, setting them up for long-term success.
- Ongoing care and support – With an IOP in place, patients can continue to be surrounded by those who understand their struggles and can offer appropriate guidance.
- Integration into everyday life – Our IOP helps patients practice the skills they need to live a healthy life in their everyday environment.
The independence, accountability, and support that an intensive outpatient program provides can be invaluable on the journey to recovery.
Contact Calvary Healing Center to Learn More
If you or someone you love is ready to take the next step in the recovery process, contact Calvary Healing Center today. Our IOP is designed to offer the care and guidance that patients need as they work towards a healthier life.